Straco Engineering has adopted double-pronged approach strategy for sustainable host community relations viz-a-viz;
Peace education and capacity building.We understand the key position of the communities in which we have to work. Our goal therefore, has always been, through a collaboration approach and needs assessments, establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships with the host communities prior to during and after the execution of contracts. Appropriate contracts have been outlined to be awarded to the indigenous sub-contractors from the host community in respect to capacity building and sustainable development initiative. Elders and youth groups are consulted in matters concerning security and welfare during the contract period.
Our approach to community relations is open-source and our key focus is "Youth Empowerment" through reintegration processes and peace education to ensure that an increasing number of youths imbibe the spirit of "DO NO HARM" acquire requisite knowledge and training them for gainful employment with the multinational oil companies and other operations in the oil and gas industry.
Sub-contractors are also obliged to sustain good and proper conduct towards the host communities throughout the duration of a project. Our target is to;
* Build bridges that ensure mutual trust and lasting relationship
* Enlighten the community on the merits of peaceful relationship
* Ensure sustainable community development by capacity building within our capacity
* Improve productivity of a man-power by eliminating stop-work time
* Respond to formal community request in appropriate and timely manner.
* Bring relevant issues affecting host communities to attention of appropriate authorities.
* Establish a community development program which applies world standard of practice to serve its host communities.
* Encourage the full participation of host communities in order to address their needs.
* Focus community development assistance on activities having high impact and broad benefits for the most population
* Pay special attention to the most economically disadvantage social groups.